Monday, March 10, 2008

Grand Canyon Flooded to save one fish !

First of all before I say anything...O MY GOD I hadn't even read the article and I was jumping off the walls in rage of this foolish act. The humpback chub, it is being treated like a seismograph in the ring of fire, it needs unbelievable attention. I do not really like this fish and wouldn't keep it as a pet but the only reason I can understand this action is because of the all mighty food chain. Thankfully they had some sense and did not flood all of it and only a section... but still flooding such a mass amount of land is crazy to me. The whole grand canyon attracts enough visitors to produce enough money to build a machine that brings animals back from their fossils (not really ) and revive our little fishy friend. This is taking all the money away from this tourist attraction and just to save one fish, which frankly is really ugly. Imagine the minerals being washed away. The stone will be weak and will cause rock avalanches. All these horrible consequence just for one fish. I have knowledge of the chain effect and although it causes more devastating consequences it is my nature to go against the flow. This article struck my brother and I found it quite a good debating topic. These are my reasons of why this is a bizarre act

No comments:

Post a Comment