Monday, January 21, 2008

bi as a bull

sorry i have to post this again!!!!

Big as a bull
When I read this article I was astounded by the fact that rodents yes the small fury things you cuddle and hold could be as big as a bulls. Now you won’t want to be cuddling and holding a thing like that. And also the fact that it was a new species is absolutely ridiculous. It could be linked to another family of rodents. It is also fascinating that their jaws are not very powerful and they survived on little more than fruit and plants. And in South America there would have been plenty of fruit in the cool damp rainforests. The largest living rodent today is about 940 kilograms less heavy then this one. So you can see the comparison is second to none. But I think the rodent would have to be 4 metres long to even out its weight. And I can agree that it would not have a very long tail. But if this creature lived around sabre-toothed cats then it would be eaten right away because it has no means of defence. So as far as I am concerned they did dig up a rodent but it was not a new species and it did not live around sabre-toothed cats.

1 comment:

  1. I think you had me with the rodent theme, but you lost me with the sabre-toothed cats part, maybe if I had more information about the article I would follow it better. Don't forget to include the link!

    ReplyDelete