Sunday, June 1, 2008

erosion in paradise

Now I know this is a little off the topic of the requested summary but, in the Turks and Caicos there is major erosion and so I want to share it with you guys. In the TCI there was a house right on the beach. The guy who owend it was rich and arrogant if you ask me. Over the many years that house resided near the beach, erosion kicked in and soon his house was on a extremly unstable cliff. Of course it fell in the water and all the money but into it was gone...but this is one example of extreme erosion happening on my island. This will soon become a problem as we have no volcanoes like hawaii to repopultae the land once its gone. At my beach, a beach where there is only five people at any time, there was a project to replenish the sand that was washed away. Another rich and arrogant guy behind this (with a mean gardener). It was great... for a while, until it all turned to custard. Don't ask me how bvut when trying to make the beach better, the works made the rocks and sand unstable and super erosion started. Now it looks horrible. Good job I have a pool :)! Erosion is a powerful force of nature and I would like to learn how my beach was destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment