Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Smallest Pterodacty to Ever live

This may seem like a diversion from my space theme but to me dinosaurs are the next best thing. This dinosaur is one third dinosaur, one third bird, and one third mouse. It is a Pterodactyl... but not just any Pterodactyl, it is the smallest Pterodactyl to ever live (one third mouse). Normally Pterodactyl have a wing span of thirty three feet, but this Pterodactyl is twenty five centimetres ! That is the size of my head ! This tiny creature had no teeth therefore pointing to the fact that it was somewhat like a snake, this is my own guessing, and it is probably incorrect but it is my "hypothesis" or educated guess. This bird is so small that even if it were doubled to fifty centimetres it would still be the smallest dinosaur ever found. These people don't just call this bird a small Pterodactyl, they made a fancy name for it which is Nemicolopterus crypticus which means "hidden flying forest dweller" which is pretty specific for just two words. So now I have explained about this small animal but here is something that might just spoil it. When the fossil was found the bones were small and somehow they could tell that it was not fully grown. They do not know how much it could have grown. For all we know it could be a new born baby, then when it was an adult it could have been as big as a normal Pterodactyl. I do not know the chances that something like the could happen but it is just something to think about. I think that this article is interesting and I recommend it to all the dinosaur lovers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment