Sunday, November 8, 2015

Ways to treat our muscles when it is blue.

Using ice to heal the pain is always recommended right after we got hurt, like a severe bruise or sprain. The familiar rice sequence helps reduce the pain of such an injury. It loses efficiency after a day or so, and then gentle warming can really help. For the muscle pain that is long to heal or it just took a long time that we could jump with it, in that case, we could use both heat and cold to heal it, but scientific studies comparing the efficiency of treatments have been sparse and inconclusive.

This year, a new article published in The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, looked at muscle damage and pain in 100 people of comparable fitness. Half received either cold or heat treatment after 15 minutes of leg squats and half received no treatment. The researchers concluded that both heat and cold appeared to be effective in reducing muscle damage, but cold works immediately after exercise in reducing pain.

Questions:

1. What way, to heal the pain in muscle, do you think will work the best for you when you have a bruise on your leg or arm?

2. What is the advantages to using a cold treatment, like ice?

Sources: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/10/science/should-you-treat-muscle-pain-with-ice-or-heat.html

10 comments:

  1. 1- it's with heat or cold (ice). and yes I think it will work the beast because I got injure a lot of time and I always but ice on my injure and it always work.

    2- the advantage are that cold and heat reduce muscle damage and it reduce pain really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I think that ice is better to treat bruise because it reduces the pain because I think it neutralize the pain.
    2) It neutralize the pain because its too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1-I think the best way to heal when you get injured like hit to be on ice for at least few time because it helps a lot for the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2-I think the advantages are that you heal easier and faster and it would stop hearting a lot and with more ice it will stop hurting and its and easy way to cure the people and you don't need to go anywere to get it just like medecin.

    ReplyDelete

  5. 1. If I got pain in my muscle. I will use the ice as soon as I got hurts. I think that it is the best way because many doctors told me to use ice when I got injure. Also if I use ice it doesn’t feel so pain and it helps to heal faster.
    2. Advantage of using ice is to help healing and it feels less pain. Also ice makes lower the temperature of blood. Lowering the temperature will contrast the blood vessels. This mean that too much blood doesn’t get to where they injury and it saved to get big swell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I think if is often better and more user friendly to use the cold rather than the hot because you can often get an ice pack but there is not always a heater laying around to use hot (funny example: not actual). I think that they both work great but it is usually just easier to get the cold than hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2. I think what the ice does is numbs the injured place up so you don't feel it. It does not actually heal it but you just can't feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Maybe use like an ointment, or a special spray. It helps a lot to make the muscle better.

    2. Its very cheap and way easier to get than a special ointment or spray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I think using ices and stretching out and spray oil treatment because it soothes the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2. The on,y advantage for ice or cold treat meant is so you can really feel it and when you move around it will hurt less.

    ReplyDelete