Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The turritopsis nutricula species of jellyfish maybe the only animal in the world to be "immortal"Since it is capable of cycling from a mature adult stage to an immature stage and back again, there may be no natural limit to its life . Scientists say this jellyfish is the only known animal that can repeatedly turn back the hands of time and revert to its original (baby ) state

The key lies in a process called transdifferentiation, where one type of cell is transformed into another type of cell. Some animals can regenerate. this jellyfish, on the other hand, can regenerate its entire body over and over again. Researchers are studying the jellyfish to discover how it is able to reverse its aging process.

Because they are able to bypass death, the number of individuals is spiking. They're now found in oceans around the earth rather than just in their native Caribbean waters. "we are looking for a world wide silent invasion" says Dr. Maria Miglietta of the Smithsonian Tropical Marine Institute.

1)If you could regenerate like them would you continue to live for ever or just try to limit your "kids"

2) How can we stop these jelly fish to spread "to much" around the world

i hope you enjoy reading :)(:

8 comments:

  1. excuse me if the title is not in the same post i just forgot to put a title whe i post my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I would love to live forever of course because I could do everything I like to do forever.

    2. By catching them and killing them and using them as food for other aquatic animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I wouldn't want to live forever because it disrupts the cycle of life. You will never have anything to look forward to and stop caring about time.
    2. By catching and killing the jelly fish they will not use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I wouldn't want to live forever - i think watching all my friends and family die before my eyes would be too hard to bear. If i had to, i would limit my kids to maybe 1 or 2.
    2. By keeping them is safe environments or in zoos so they dont spread and migrate to other continents and bodies of water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.-I wouldnt like to live forever because my life wouldnt have the same taste thats why they said " you only live ones " and i would limit my kids to 1 or 2.

    2.-I think we should put them in a reserve place and after this killed some so there wouldnt be a extinction and make someone with this jelly fish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. i wouldn't like to live forever because there would be an alteration of the life cicle
    2.by killing them every certain amount of time and then use them for something useful

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you guys (and girl) for answering

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1 I would love to live forever because life is great
    2 By killing them and giving them as food

    ReplyDelete